Hello Mother, Father, Sisters, Brother-in-laws and who ever else this may reach,
My first week in the field has been great. I love the work and I love the heat. My first day was interesting. The first thing we did was go tracting. Let me tell you ... kinda scary at first but after getting rejected by the first ten doors I was used to it, but most people just don't answer so it's all good. Then we went to the store to get some stuff and an old man stopped us outside and began to rehearse scriptures to us and tell us stories about how he has hugged God three times, scares demons out of his car and how he can predict death. Oh.. and he also knew the trade towers were goin gto fall, so it's on his conscience.
We've been teaching a couple different people too. On Saturday we committed a girl named ******* to baptism thanks to one of her friends that helped bring her into the church and an investigator named **** is getting baptized on Friday which I have to speak at. We are working on helping more people into the water, but the work doesn't always run that smooth. I can't take credit for any of the above baptisms. They were pretty well set before I got here. The area is great and the people are nice. We have a Samoan ward that we cover in our area and have it be known that they feed you well and good, and I think they feed us all week so I won't go hungry. People around here treat the Missionaries like royalty and are really willing to help with the work. Love you. Got to run. I love and miss you all so much. Cody
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment