Saturday, October 12, 2013

Culture and family.

     Our discussions on culture and its role in the family this week have been quite eye opening. to often we look at cultures as this barrier that separates the way people live usually recognized by country or race, but the truth is most of the time Culture is not a barrier to separate and block but a doorway to teach and show how much there really is in the world. Culture is a form of being, a declaration of who we are and what we believe and it is not bound by country limits or race but is all around us. my good friend from next door was raised in a similar but yet different culture than I was, you cant stop it but you can change it. I believe the culture we should try to surround ourselves with the most is one of love and family.

1 comment:

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Having lived in many places and surrounded by different cultures I think you probably already knew this.