Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Latest Adventures of Super Elder

I need to apologize here, I've had these pictures for about three weeks, but haven't posted them yet because I've been trying to get the videos from the last time to post. Cody actually sends a lot of little short videos home and they're all very funny. But I guess you're going to have to send me a jump drive or come to my house to see them because I can't get blogger to post them anymore.

Without further ado though, here are the latest and greatest adventures!


I think he really liked serving on the base in 29 Palms.



I think serving on the base has made Cody a little enamored of the Marine Corps.









YAY! He got a Valentine! (Okay that was from me! But still YAY!)


Don't know who did the artwork here, but it's cool.



I'm sorry mom, but the candy eyeballs are just creepy on so many levels! At least it looks like he enjoyed them though!








These next few photos just absolutely make my skin crawl. Can you say EEEWWW!






It almost makes me wish there were a snake around. (Nevermind I retract the previous statment. Nothing warrants that kind of action.)





I can just imagine this conversation Elder Ericksen "Dude, you ready for transfers?"

Cody, "Sure. See. Whoa! My stuff like multiplied! How did that happen?"


"Goodbye Desk."

"Goodbye Mattress on the floor!"


Goodbye 29 Palms!

Goodbye Elder Ericksen.

Goodbye zone leaders!

Hello new apartment in Temecula!

Not the neatest housekeeping I've ever seen, but not the worst either.

Cody has told me exactly two things about Elder Becker, he loves cars & is a Star Trek freak.






With Elder Becker


This is Elder Spillane who is part of the spanish speaking companionship that shares an apartment with Cody & his companion. Elder Spillane's sister is at BYU-Hawaii. Cody calls him his "homie."

YAY! He got his treats from Disney World!

As for an update, you should know that since I got these pictures Elder Becker has been transferred and Cody was made the new District Leader. So that's pretty exciting! I promise that next time I'll get the pictures up sooner! I just wish I could get the videos to work!

















7 comments:

Unknown said...

Dang I miss that kid! I'm glad he's happy and doing well. I agree, the rodents are disgusting and the eyeball candy is nasty. I think it's so funny that his comp is a trekkie!

Jacob and Cami said...

Yep the Trekkie made me laugh!! Well that and the first picture of Cody. He has gained a little weight.

Cali and Travis said...

I'm not taking the blame for the weight gain, although given the number of care packages I send I suppose I could be seen as a contributor.

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

So.... I have an obsrvation here besides the rodents, weight gain & trekkie. If his stuff multiplied that much after just 6 months he is going to need a mini U-haul when he reaches his hump day! Good thing he is state side and not having to do his transfers by train or bus! Right Cali?

Dad called him "My fat boy". :-)

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Cali, you need to send him a letter with about $20 and tell him to mail some of that stuff home. You know, like the cards and letters he wants to keep but doesn't need to be hauling around. We can go to Walmart and buy a big tub and deposit it in there until he gets home!

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

One more observation. Cami, Jesse, could someone please talk Cody into not slicking his hair down?

Unknown said...

I think we should email him a petition. I'll be the John Hancock and sign it really big.
WV: uplaye - definitely not what Cody's hair is doing.