Monday, November 9, 2009

Cupcake Soup & Other Halloween Horrors

Oh look, it's an unused parade float. I can't decide if that's supposed to be for Halloween or Cinderella.

One of the great perks of having an older sister who served a mission, is that I do excellent care packages. For Halloween I made each Cody and his companion a goody bag, which contained an expected amount of candy and games, but also useful stuff like sticky notes, pens, pencils & erasers. But the most important part of the package was the cupcakes. The pumpkin spice cupcakes I made and then frosted with cream cheese icing & rolled in orange sugar to make them look like pumpkins. Then I carefully placed them in the container, decorated with candy & held in place with more candy.
Unfortunately what Cody recieved was cupcake soup. Apparently it got really hot somewhere in transit and all of the icing melted off. This kind of makes me want to cry. I worked hard on these!

I guess he still ate at least one though.

I don't know if he was just trying to make me feel better, but he said the cupcakes tasted good. (Although they kind of look like what I regurgitated during my run today. I know, T.M.I.)


Well I guess you can't go wrong with PEZ. At least it won't melt.




In addition to candy and fun little toys, they each got a Halloween tie in their goody bags.




Cody wrote home that they got into a war with the sticky hands last week, smacking each other in the back of the head. Well, that's why I bought them.



Oh fun, they got to carve pumpkins! I'll bet Cody loved that. Now I'm anxious to see if he can con his companion into hiding Easter eggs for him next year.



I swear I sent way more candy than this! They must have eaten a lot of it already!






At least they looked festive in their ties!





5 comments:

Jacob and Cami said...

I can't believe you tried to mail iced cupcakes. You have a lot more faith in the good ol' USPS than I do. The guy they live with looks like Willard, well from the side anyways. Well I mean he's older and has white hair, that's close enough.

Cali and Travis said...

In my defense, I live in Idaho. If I mail iced cupcakes from here, they arrive frozen. I guess I forgot that he's in a warmer climate since I've been freezing for over a month now.

Kelly and Jesse said...

Maybe we should quit sending him candy and start sending him celery sticks or carrots. I think he's eating well.

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Well, he can only get so big and then his suit will be too tight and he will have to lose weight.

I think he is staying with Willard's twin brother.

The scrubbing picture must have been to point out the lack of a mop bucket.

He looks so happy, you can't help but smile when you see the picture.

Elaina said...

Love the pics! Looks like fun and he looks like a great missionary!