Sunday, June 17, 2012

Quick update

so i am going to give you all a quick update on whats been happening since my last post in December (i am actually typing this myself so don't laugh at the lack of punctuation and the spelling) (actually you can laugh at it. I do.)







   so since my last post i went home for Christmas and visited friends and family, went snowboarding, played with my nieces and nephew, and managed to spend 5 hours in the ER with a dislocated shoulder. It was a blast. i later went to Florida and ran in the the Ragnar in the Florida keys during which i managed to cut down my long distance minute time (i ran 9 miles in 7 minutes a mile), get severe muscle cramps, and get a sunburn in the shape of a turtle, all for fun but i also got a double header medal for running two Ragnar that year. And I made my first trip to Disney World with the Family!
   The next exciting thing I did was break the Dome Technology all time bar record. (which really is not a big deal) I had an awesome crew I was working with and we threw 135,000 pounds of steel in one day which beats the old record by 50,000 pounds. The company bought us a really nice steak dinner. My next assignment was working on top of the dome 128 feet off the ground building curbs which was fun but after that was finished I was put on light duty due to my shoulder separation so i drove the crane for about 3 weeks. Outside of work I have been trying to find ways to conserve my money and the truck is not the nicest on my wallet when it comes to gas so i bought a moped that get over 100 miles to the gallon i call it " the night furry" or "the black stallion" it depends on the day. (photos to come)






   Skye came out for a few weeks it was great having her and Reagan around. During her time here we celebrated Easter and had the Easter egg hunt that will live in infamy. It took family feud to a whole new level. shortly there after life went on and the next adventure was on memorial day we went to ship island off of Gulf Port, Mississippi where I swam with sting rays, saw dolphins, got really really sun burned, built a shark in the sand, and played my ukulele while people walked by and took pictures. it was fun.










  Other exciting things that have happened with me, probably the most exciting as far as future plans go, is that I got accepted to BYU- Idaho so i will be heading home in December for school. I have decided to study nursing. I have come to the conclusion I want to help people other than the multi-millionaires I have spent a lot of my life building domes for with Dome Technology, so I am super excited for school, it will be hard but it will be fun. :)
    One of the most exciting things i have done since my last update was to go back to California and see Scott and Marcie be sealed in the temple. It was wonderful and I will have a whole separate post on that when i get all the picture together in a week or two. This week i will have mom put up picture of all of the things i have just talked about.
  and for those of you who are wondering, Sister Lake and I are still exchanging letters often. She is doing wonderful and loves her opportunity to give missionary service.

       I love you all! Have fun and live life with a smile. :)

3 comments:

Cali and Travis said...

Thanks for the update! Love you baby boy!!!

Hillary Lake said...

You're heading to BYU-I? Good for you! I was actually a Nursing major at one point, but changed over to Human Development. I hope it goes well for you! You sound busy, happy, and sunburnt :) All good news!

Aileen Hill McIntosh said...

That's great that you'll be going to BYU-I! My sister is going there this fall-winter, too. Nursing will be a fun major. I hope all goes well for you!