Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Elder Cunningham's Christmas Letter

Well, I have some very good news because I had the privilege of baptizing one of our investigators. Jayson, that young ten year old boy that I told you about. It was a pretty sweet one, because that is the first time that I personally have baptized anyone. But better than my own satisfaction was the spirit that was in the room. It was awesome. The best words I can think to describe it, besides spiritual, are hip, groovy, sweet, righteous, outrageously off the hook, straight up and down satisfaction, fullest gratitude and love beyond comprehension. Yep, I think that covers it.
It was quite funny because Jayson tried to dunk himself before I had even said anything. But luckily he is not very big and I had the back of his suit so he didn't go anywhere. When I actually did immerse him in the water he kicked his feet up so I had to push him pretty much to the bottom of the font before he went all the way under. But for the most part it was quick and smooth and I only had to do it once so it was great. Then, right after I baptized him his little sister was baptized by Brother Walters who knew the family way back when. On top of all the funny details the spirit was very strong and it was very touching to see their mother support them even though she has been inactive for years. She is striving to do that which is right, and of course she was in tears and so was their grandmother. It was very much a growing experience for all involved.
Well, I must go but I wish to leave you once again with my testimony that is that I know this gospel is true because I have seen with my eyes, heard with my ears and felt with my heart that Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God. "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government shall be upon His shoulders." ... and he shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Almighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. There is no greater word to speak than that of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and his love for all mankind. So.. "Be thou an example of the believers in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.." just as I know you all are. My heart is full because of that which I know and this opportunity which I have to serve.

Merry Christmas.
I love you and may God Bless you.

Elder Cunningham

No comments: