For every man has a Guardian Angel to help him fight and win.
God has blessed me with many things I know I did not earn,
Like bikes and cars and guns and toys and the ability to learn.
But God's greatest gift he gave to me the day I began to live,
He gave me Six Angels to guide my feet and they taught me how to give.
These angels never missed a beat when I was sad and blue,
They gave me joy and happiness and made me feel brand new.
The more my memory recalls these angels in disguise,
Never has such grace and beauty been beheld by mortal eyes.
To me they are a shining hope, and piercing tone of joy,
That somehow over many years have made a man out of a boy.
They watched me every where I went to make sure I did not stray,
From the path of righteousness that I learned to walk down everyday.
I continue to follow their examples with happiness and glee,
For I know we all shall walk together through eternity.
Without these angels by my side and guiding me, you see,
I would be lost in an endless gulf of unhappiness and misery.
I thank God every day and night for the joyousness in me,
Because I know about Six Angels that willingly love me.
Later, someday a seventh angel will enter into my life,
Only to be my one and only happily loving
wife.
But for now Six Bright Angels are perfect enough for me,
And now I hope that they all know I love them unconditionally.

10 comments:
tearful. I love you too
That was beautiful. We love you little brother.
Not fair making me cry like that.
Although, as I sit and ponder, it really must be said, that the only reason I am a man is because of my brothers and Dad.
My sisters tried to doll me up at every twist and turn, trying to teach me lessons that a boy should never learn.
Dresses, skirts, and lipstick, in reds and even pinks, I've had to wear them all, and even perfume - too, it stinks!
How many times my buddies would tell stories of wrestling with their brothers, when I had been forced to get dressed up to look like these guys mothers!
Oh the humiliation, the torture and the shame, how could anyone ever predict that I'd grow up so sane?
It's all because of my dogs, my Dad, and my Brother's in Law too, that finally came and took these girls that made our home a zoo!
These guys are tuff! My Dad is Tuffer! They're manly, courageous, and sure! They hunt and fish, they blow things up, oh my joy is so pure!
So be gone you girls, with your families now, go doll up your own little cur, and for the right price, I'll stretch the truth, and tell them what angels you were!
Cody that made me smile and cry at the same time! Jason, that me me cry and smile for different reasons!
You Know Jason, you should really learn how to put posts on your own blog. This could have been posted with a great picture of the subjects.
I can almost see your blog becoming one where thousands of people get on daily just to see what interesting and off the wall genius comment you put up next. Or just to read your wierd narration of your family life. Soon advertisers would be paying you to put their little moving logos on your blog and you become rich from the residual income and take us all on a Disney Cruise with all the grandkids where no one can find grandma and grandpa because my hip went out and we missed the boat, or I fell overboard or something!
That is a fantastic idea!
except the part about your hip going out, of course. Unless we get video of it then that would make an awesome subject for a post.
Okay here's the thing. First, it's unfortunate that Jason has so little faith that another male of the species could be sensitive at all about his relationship with his siblings. In this way Cody is really Yoda to Jason's Luke.
As far as the Jason having his own blog, I think that's a great idea. I can already see it now. It will be an "According to Jim" style of narrative meets "Dancing with the Stars." (Only without the dancing at the risque outfits. But wait that sounds dull.) So it will be "According to Jim" meets "Survivor" (without the exotic locations. Unless of course you consider Shiloh and Jason's home in SC an adventurous place.)
That was the best poem i have ever read in my life!!! it was very touching and inspiring, you got some major talent Cody. Oh by the way in case you are curious. I only know your blog site because Aileen(my cusin)sent me the address to read your amazing poem and i'm glad i did.
-Tori Hill
P.S. the poem by the guffey family was pretty neat too. i enjoyed both. :D
Post a Comment